WarCraft II MOD

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Vendar

WarCraft II MOD

Post by Vendar »

Hello there :)

I would like to present demo of my mod for Warcraft II. Uploaded on http://www.moddb.com. You can see some screens and download game on:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-ii-r ... adows-demo

"Rise of Shadows" adds new unique upgrades and units for old races and one new race: dwarfs. Let me know what do you think about my mod.

Cheers!
Andrettin

Re: WarCraft II MOD

Post by Andrettin »

Hey Vendar, it's nice to see new mods, but I don't think that it is a good idea to distribute Blizzard's files like that (your mod uses most of Blizzard's WC2 assets, but it doesn't need the WC2 cd to be played, since it includes the assets in the mod's file itself).
b_o

Post by b_o »

the ogre goblin thrower is kind of funny.
Vendar

Post by Vendar »

Hey Vendar, it's nice to see new mods, but I don't think that it is a good idea to distribute Blizzard's files like that (your mod uses most of Blizzard's WC2 assets, but it doesn't need the WC2 cd to be played, since it includes the assets in the mod's file itself).
This is quite easy to find and get some game sprites by the Internet. Most of Blizzard's graphics from WC2, SC1, or even some 3d models from WC3, can be found available to download.
Ingame (example: Credits) I wrote message for players:
"ALL RIGHTS FOR "WARCRAFT" ARE RESERVED FOR BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. ANY SELLING THIS MOD OR ANY PART OF IT IS ILLEGAL.". Hope that, Blizz, will not be doing with this great problem. But you have right: it wasn't good idea.
the ogre goblin thrower is kind of funny.
I'm glad you enjoy it.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:Hey Vendar, it's nice to see new mods, but I don't think that it is a good idea to distribute Blizzard's files like that (your mod uses most of Blizzard's WC2 assets, but it doesn't need the WC2 cd to be played, since it includes the assets in the mod's file itself).
The next version of Wargus will support mods, so you'll be able to install it as a proper mod and not have to include those files.
Vendar wrote:"Rise of Shadows" adds new unique upgrades and units for old races and one new race: dwarfs. Let me know what do you think about my mod.
Looks interesting. Are there many new maps? How big is the campaign?
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
b_o

Post by b_o »

Vendar wrote:I'm glad you enjoy it.
I haven't gotten through the first level, but what I enjoyed more was the shield mode option. Very nice concept, though I'd probably like a different shield graphic better, this concept could make units switch between different kinds of weapons as well (perhaps elven ranger switching between sword and bow). I wonder if this sort of thing could be used to make knights dismount their horses (creating a riderless horse critter, and a non-mounted knight at the spot where it's used) and then be able to re-mount a horse later. The crossbowman battle mode seemed slightly buggy, so that they would show strange waypoints after using it.
Vendar

Post by Vendar »

Are there many new maps? How big is the campaign?
There are two campaigns: tutorial and demo.
Tutorial contains 3 missions, one for each race. They are very easy, AI is passive, and player can safely introduce all changes included in mod.
Demo has 6 missions, two for each race.

That's all what can be played in this version.
I haven't gotten through the first level
Damm, it's still too hard to play? -.-
b_o

Post by b_o »

Vendar wrote:...it's still too hard to play? -.-
I wouldn't say that. I just don't have a lot of free time, so I was just checking out the features and not really trying to complete the game.