Installing BTDP and a resolution problem

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
desnell88

Installing BTDP and a resolution problem

Postby desnell88 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Greetings,

I was wondering about this. How do I install Beyond the Dark Portal (I own a Warcraft Battlechest that I purchased many years ago) in Wargus? during installation, it only asked for the Tides of Darkness disc.

Recently, I attempted to change my resolution to more than 800 x 600. Then it caused the game to exit. As I attempt to start Wargus, I get a "Stratagus - Strategy gaming engine has stopped working".
Kyran

Re: Installing BTDP and a resolution problem

Postby Kyran » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 pm

desnell88 wrote:I was wondering about this. How do I install Beyond the Dark Portal (I own a Warcraft Battlechest that I purchased many years ago) in Wargus? during installation, it only asked for the Tides of Darkness disc.
At install just put the expansion disk in instead of the original.
desnell88 wrote:Recently, I attempted to change my resolution to more than 800 x 600. Then it caused the game to exit. As I attempt to start Wargus, I get a "Stratagus - Strategy gaming engine has stopped working".
You could try delete your preference file to get it working again.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Stratagus\wc2
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
desnell88

Postby desnell88 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I see. Thanks for the response!

By the way, if I chose the expansion disc instead of Tides of Darkness, will Tides of Darkness still be installed in Wargus?
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 am

Yes.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me