Map - Charge

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Kyran

Map - Charge

Postby Kyran » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm working on a new map. Here is a preview. It must be placed in Wargus/maps/
Attachments
charge.zip
What will in time become Mission 5 of Frontier Force.
(25.41 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
b_o

Re: Map - Charge

Postby b_o » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Kyran wrote:I'm working on a new map. Here is a preview. It must be placed in Wargus/maps/
I like it. I lost, so I'll have to try it again. How do you get a map to use an ai file like that?
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Open the sms file and have a look at the top. I need to work out some kind of reinforcement option.

I need to figure out how I can start with certain upgrades. The AI friendly needs upgraded cannons, and the player should start with upgraded armour.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
b_o

Postby b_o » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Kyran wrote:Open the sms file and have a look at the top.
Oh thanks. There's a lot of good stuff in there.
Kyran wrote: I need to work out some kind of reinforcement option.
I like how you've coded units to appear under certain conditions. There are a lot of possibilities with that kind of code. You can code things like making units appear next to a dark portal at intervals or when units from their team die. Is it possible to create fully loaded transports under similar conditions in the ai?
Kyran wrote:I need to figure out how I can start with certain upgrades. The AI friendly needs upgraded cannons, and the player should start with upgraded armour.
I would think that the units level and upgrades should be specified in DefineUnitType from units.lua in the future, and then maybe you could just change that in each map? You could maybe at least change their default HP and armor and stuff without calling it an upgrade.
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

b_o wrote:Is it possible to create fully loaded transports under similar conditions in the ai?
I wish. I had big plans for my For the Motherland gametype involving transports.
b_o wrote:I would think that the units level and upgrades should be specified in DefineUnitType from units.lua in the future, and then maybe you could just change that in each map?
I think it is fine the way it is. I just wanna be able to define which upgrades are researched at the start of the level.
cybermind

Postby cybermind » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Kyran wrote:Open the sms file and have a look at the top. I need to work out some kind of reinforcement option.

I need to figure out how I can start with certain upgrades. The AI friendly needs upgraded cannons, and the player should start with upgraded armour.
There is a special way to do this. All you need to do is to place something like that in your sms file

Code: Select all

DefineAllow("upgrade-newupgrade",		"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA")
where AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are letters specifying if this upgrade or unit is allowed for player
A - available
R - researched
F - forbidden
Mode info in doc/scripts/research.html in stratagus source
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Mm, it seems that stat upgrades don't get applied to the units if they are pre-researched.
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Improved the AI a bit.
Attachments
charge2.zip
(26.58 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:12 pm

The AI is now able to win by itself.
Attachments
Charge-Ai-Finished.png
Charge-Ai-Finished.png (247.94 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
b_o

Postby b_o » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm

hmm.. the boats seem to kill the most of my units.

You ought to make a variant of runes which heals instead of damages, and change the sprites to potions. If you can get the map editor to place the runes themselves, then you could place potions which units can pick up once they get to a certain point in the map.