LAN GAMES WORK AGAIN!!!

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Andrettin

Re: LAN GAMES WORK AGAIN!!!

Post by Andrettin »

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Erum I've seen the same problem on the same map...Did you have any problems with the speed of the A.I on the second map of that campaign? I did.

A.I needs to take a vallium and calm the heck down a bit and realize we're just building stuff, that's all. I've looked through the scripts and can't figure out where to change things to calm them down...Might give it another go when I get the motivation.
I think one of the main problems is that the AI begins with a lot of grunts, which are told by the land-attack script to attack the player. If the AI's grunts were changed to another, passive (but still hostile) AI player, then this early attack would not happen, and instead those grunts would be used for defense.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Setting attackforce0 to the total starting number of grunts should solve this problem, unit the AI builds more grunts. :)
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:Setting attackforce0 to the total starting number of grunts should solve this problem, unit the AI builds more grunts. :)
Awesome, I had thought that the AI would just reassign those grunts later, glad to see I was mistaken :)