Additional content

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
xyfmx

Additional content

Postby xyfmx » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 am

I was wondering, if someone was engaged in creating new campaigns for wargus/wc2 and creating high quality videos for those and for original wc2 campaigns. If there's someone busy with that I would be very pleased to hear of it and, if possible, to get that things shared. That also concerns any other additional, new content of any kind - maps, anything. Thanks.
Big Daddy

Re: Additional content

Postby Big Daddy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 am

In Warcraft 2's original lifespan, there were a number of custom campaigns, tilesets, maps, and conversions released by fans of the game.

Most of these are lost to the web and extremely rare.
All can be converted to work with WarGus.

As for high-resolution versions of the original videos - as far as I am aware, it has not been done.
However, there exists a Playstation version of Warcraft 2, released in 1997 as "Warcraft 2: The Dark Saga".
(Warcraft II - The Dark Saga [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00480])

It is possible that this version has high-quality versions of the videos.
It would be neccessary to rip the videos from the CD/ISO and compare them with the original DOS versions.
Not a difficult task, but I imagine it to be slightly time consuming. The pay-off would be worth the effort, however.

-Big Daddy
desnell88

Postby desnell88 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:55 pm

I do recall that there were new cutscenes for the Beyond the Dark Portal missions in the Dark Saga.

Is it possible to implement them in Wargus?
Kyran

Postby Kyran » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Of course, all we need to do is track down a copy of the game. Then figure out how to extract the video.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Big Daddy

Postby Big Daddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Cough! Cough!

You will never believe what I have found on my computer!

Santa's Elves must have magically pieced together an exact, bit-by-bit bin/cue of Warcraft 2: The Dark Saga for PSX!

I was fully amazed!

Furthermore, it seems they've decrypted the raw formats to index all the resources in the disc!

Spectacular! They've even managed to extract all the videos from the disc, which they, aformentioned, assembled bit-by-bit with some Elven magic.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Only uploading the first two (of twenty), as my uploading speed, at least for this forum, is very slow, and for legal raisins. Probably. Or, fair use.

Videos are 320x144.
Attachments
MUDDAT.CUD[0].rar
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
MUDDAT.CUD[1].rar
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 99 times