Icon frames on the toolbar

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
xyfmx

Icon frames on the toolbar

Post by xyfmx »

Why do icons on the right-side toolbar in 2.2.6 and some other later versions don't have frames, like they did in early versions and authentic wc2?
v 2.1: http://postimage.org/image/wucsw7xi9/
some later version: http://www.se4ever.ru/uploads/posts/201 ... wargus.jpg

Framed icons look more nice as for me. How can I make them framed again?
DinkyDyeAussie

Re: Icon frames on the toolbar

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I've redone these frames for the icons, as well as programed the appropriate lua files to accomodate the larger icon dimensions...I too was peeved when the icons had no borders.

Would you like a copy of my files?

Stuff it, here you go man, icons and script files!
icons and scripts.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
Make sure you put the 'icons_"name-of-tileset".png' into the folder in represents (summer/swamp/wasteland/winter), and then rename them all to just "icons.png".

same with the ui_"race".lua files, put the ui_orc.lua in the scripts/orc folder and ui_human.lua in scripts/human and rename both to ui.lua.

Hope this eases the pain of putting up with the borderless icons. if you have ANY problems using these files, let me know, I probably forgot to include another lua file so let me know if it crashes.
xyfmx

Post by xyfmx »

Thanx! it works fine!
I assume the only way to add the large frame, which is below the map (not around the every icon) is just to draw it on the left sidebar image?
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Just alot of photoshopping to make the images bigger to accomodate the borders around the icons. pain to do but worth it.
xyfmx

Post by xyfmx »

emmm... I don't get it(
I mean, how can I add this frame: Image