Mission ends only when all the enemy units are destroyed

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Kyran

Re: Mission ends only when all the enemy units are destroyed

Post by Kyran »

cybermind wrote:The triggers are very good feature to expand game's functionality. I've already made a veterancy, time limit mode and player-to-player trading system by triggers. If you are interested, I can send the lua code
Sounds interesting. Post them in the resources forum if you have time.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Philip Jacob Smith

Post by Philip Jacob Smith »

It's not a bug, it's accurate as per Warcraft 2 DOS.
This isn't true. In Warcraft 2 for DOS, flying machines will not prevent victory from being achieved.

The conditions of victory, from my experience, are as follows:

1. All units and buildings which are able to attack the enemy must be destroyed.
2. All buildings which can create units which are able to attack the enemy must be destroyed.

By those two simple rules, players need not bother with destroying flying machines, oil tankers, (empty) transport ships, farms, lumber mills, blacksmiths, stables, churches, oil platforms, foundries, oil refineries, and walls that their enemies have built.

However, the most logical end-game condition is such: It is no longer possible for the losing player to do anything that will lead to an attack on the winning player.

I suspect that was the goal of the Warcraft 2 developers, but as a shortcut they simply created a list of units and buildings that need not be destroyed, as the end result is nearly the same and it is a lot less error-prone to implement. After all, having to destroy the town hall even when the other player cannot create any more peasants isn't nearly as big a deal as having to destroy an oil platform when all you have left are footmen.
xyfmx

Post by xyfmx »

I assume the victory conditions depicted in the post above to be the best way
xyfmx

Post by xyfmx »

Is it possible to modify the skirmish victory conditions script, adding the listing of what units and buildings must be destroyed to achieve victory?
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

It would be a great leap forward to allow a man to choose the winning conditions before he starts the game.
Opens the door to all sorts of customizations and wildness.

-Big Daddy
jimicorbet

Post by jimicorbet »

As per my personal opinion, The triggers are very good feature to expand game's functionality. I've already made a veterancy, time limit mode and player-to-player trading system by triggers. If you are interested, I can send the lua code.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

I would like to congratulate jimicorbet for being the first spammer to appear here after I fortified the forum's defenses.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me