glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Wyrmsun is an RTS / Grand Strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
User avatar
Andrettin
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby Andrettin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 am

Kyran never made any maps for Wyrmsun, but I did include some maps he had for Aleona's Tales in earlier versions of Wyrmsun.

I removed them (along with other custom maps) for basically three reasons: 1. The maps' purpose is now largely filled by the existence of random maps, 2. It would take a lot of work to update all the maps to the RawTile system which Wyrmsun maps use and 3. I thought that it was better to only include maps that are actual locations in the worlds.
User avatar
b_o
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby b_o » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 am

ahh.

New technology idea for Dwarves: "Grow longer beards". Increases max HP by 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a57_1334099100
User avatar
Andrettin
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby Andrettin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:18 am

b_o wrote:ahh.

New technology idea for Dwarves: "Grow longer beards". Increases max HP by 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a57_1334099100
Hahaha :)
User avatar
DinkyDyeAussie
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Australia

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Went to you GitHub respository man and got version .16. Won't run though, but you only updated it 2 hours ago. Thanks for the, well, thanks, to me and cybermind for helping out. :) When will .16 be ready to download?
User avatar
Andrettin
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby Andrettin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:32 am

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Went to you GitHub respository man and got version .16. Won't run though, but you only updated it 2 hours ago. Thanks for the, well, thanks, to me and cybermind for helping out. :) When will .16 be ready to download?
The current .exe works for me, but b_o had reported an issue with the previous one I had compiled.

b_o had told me a new .exe I had uploaded earlier wasn't working, because of the following error:

"The program can't start because lua51.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

The new .exe was supposed to solve this issue. What error are you getting, the same as b_o had gotten before?

EDIT: cybermind has informed me that if you don't have the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package installed, that is likely the source of the problem, since I used MSVC to compile the .exe.
User avatar
DinkyDyeAussie
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Australia

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 am

Yeah same as b_o had, with the lua5.1 and lua51.dll files missing.

I used to have MSVC 2010, but have 2012 now, as it's much better I think.
User avatar
b_o
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby b_o » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:23 am

commit #50 has the same problem. I sent a typo to you, it was lua5.1.dll not lua.51.dll, sorry. There were two other dll's it needed as well, MSVCP100D.dll and MSVCR100D.dll. I just downloaded the 3 dll's from some place on the net which has a bunch of dll's, stuck them in the wyrmsun directory, and then the game worked.
I found some of them here:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

I can't find the missing link where I found the other dll.


There's supposed to be a way to make the exe include them within the exe though.
Last edited by b_o on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Andrettin
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby Andrettin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 am

b_o wrote:commit #50 has the same problem. I sent a typo to you, it was lua5.1.dll not lua.51.dll, sorry. There were two other dll's it needed as well, MSVCP100D.dll and MSVCR100D.dll. I just downloaded the 3 dll's from some place on the net which has a bunch of dll's, stuck them in the wyrmsun directory, and then the game worked.
I found some of them here:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

I can't find the missing link where I found the other dll, so I've attached the 3 dll's to this message. just put all 3 in the wyrmsun directory. There's supposed to be a way to make the exe include them within the exe though.
dlls.zip
Yes, I tried to do the method described in the website you linked me to to include them in the .exe, but then the .exe couldn't compile successfully. cybermind advised me to change certain things on the build project, and told me that then if everything works correctly it would only be needed for the person to have the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package installed (and those two DLLs besides the Lua51 I imagine are distributed in that package).
User avatar
DinkyDyeAussie
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Australia

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks b_o that worked.

Loving your game's interface Andrettin! Slider bars look good :) Keep it up it's looking very polished! :D
User avatar
Andrettin
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Postby Andrettin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:09 am

I should say in the readme and the opening post when the next version is released that the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package is needed to run the game.

cybermind sent me some updated Lua library files which could solve the requirement of having the Lua dll though. I uploaded a new .exe to the GitHub which makes use of the updated Lua library files.

Does the new .exe still require the Lua DLL to be run?
DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Thanks b_o that worked.

Loving your game's interface Andrettin! Slider bars look good :) Keep it up it's looking very polished! :D
I'm glad you liked it =)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest