So....Are we bug free now???

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DinkyDyeAussie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So....Are we bug free now???

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 am

I haven't seen a single code trunk update since the middle of September. How are we all going with the current trunk build testing? Have you guys experienced many crashes lately? I have seen a few bugs posted on launchpad, but not much rectifying has been documented about it.

Just wondering if it's slowing down in terms of developing the codebase.

I'll compile the latest trunk for windows and put it up here so you guys can download/test again, to see if anymore problems arise. I've been thinkin alot lately about making some custom graphics using 3D modelling and Spriteworks, to make a new game maybe sometime in the future...I'm just brainstorming but I don't need to program the engine so that's a massive hurdle out of the way that's for sure.

Anyways keep us updated devs on how it's all going! :)
Attachments
Stratagus.zip
Trunk release 8483
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 420 times
Kyran

Re: So....Are we bug free now???

Postby Kyran » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

I'm uploading Aleona's Tales to Bazaar as I type this. There is plenty of graphic work that needs to be done for that. :D
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
jarod42

Postby jarod42 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:I haven't seen a single code trunk update since the middle of September. How are we all going with the current trunk build testing? Have you guys experienced many crashes lately? I have seen a few bugs posted on launchpad, but not much rectifying has been documented about it.

Just wondering if it's slowing down in terms of developing the codebase.
As we are not a lot of developers; so, as soon as we have less time, it has visible impact on commit log history :/.
But I don't think to stop stratagus development for the moment.
DinkyDyeAussie wrote: I've been thinking a lot lately about making some custom graphics using 3D modelling and Spriteworks, to make a new game maybe sometime in the future...I'm just brainstorming but I don't need to program the engine so that's a massive hurdle out of the way that's for sure.
Care, there are still lot of work to customize a game that is not just a clone with other graphics/sound.
DinkyDyeAussie

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 am

It's ok Jarod :) I know there's not too many developers coding for the mod so it will be slow.Also, I just want to let you know that in no way am I complaining about this :)

My ideas at the moment are just that, ideas. I haven't even begun to rough draught anything yet in terms of buildings/units, terrain/harvestable objects, but I do think about possibilities of what could be. My idea revolves around a sci-fi futuristic stratedgy set on mars...

That's as far as my concept for a setting has gotten. I started thinking of ideas for buildings and units, and wrote them down on a piece of paper I put somewhere, but that for the moment is as far as I got, because at the time I did it I didn't know about stratagus, but now I've seen what it can do, there are so many more ideas able to be fleshed out, and I can lua script no worries, and I have a few image/sound editors as well as 3D, all I really need to do is get right into getting all the concepts on paper first - that is the first big step.
DinkyDyeAussie

Postby DinkyDyeAussie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 am

I'd also really like to have the option programmed somehow into the engine, to enable support for tiles and graphics that are double the dimenstions that they are now; So instead of all the tiles being say, 32x32, they can be 64x64, and we can have higher quality graphics and more detail. That would be awesome...

Unless it's already able to be done using the current code base?